Sandboxie is based on the concept of sandboxing, in which programs can be run on a system but in an isolated environment. So, a sandbox is an isolated environment where you can run programs but as it is isolated from the real system, any changes brought by this program won’t affect the real system. With Sandboxie, you can run browsers and surf as many websites and URLs as you want. It will be nothing different than browsing on the real system. The only difference is that if you go on a malicious website, Sandboxie will help you prevent it from attacking your real system.
So, Sandboxie will help you stay safe while browsing the web!
There are numerous benefits of this program. However, if you cannot be satisfied with its performance, we have got some alternatives for you.
Let’s have a look at this list:
To keep your browsing and endpoints safe, Bufferzone can be your best bet! The program is based on the fact that your browsing sessions and endpoints make you the most vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Bufferzone helps you stay safe from malware, ransomware, phishing, and zero-day exploits. It helps with virtual containment, network separation, safe browsing, and proxy-based enforcement.
- It remove some viruses and other malware, and my customer felt secure using it.
- The Webroot cannot detect all viruses, so you can still run the risk of being infected sometime.
- It always crash with ‘Page Unresponsive’ error message
If you are looking for an easy-to-use security solution like Sandboxie, Shadow Defender is for you! Run your system in Shadow Mode – a virtual environment that will save your system from all malicious activities. Even if your system is attacked by malicious elements, you can reboot your system and make it good as before. With Shadow Defender, stay safe from viruses and malware, browse the web safely, and cut down on maintenance costs and system failures.
- Effective malware protection
- Easy, fast and straightforward
- Integration into context menu
- Working quietly in the background
- No ability to change window size
- Schedule does not appear in menu
- No free version
- Only keys to add into registry exclusion
A cloud-based sandbox program, ANY.RUN is an innovative and interactive program. It provides interactive access and a wide range of environments, helping you get the fastest malware analysis. The program is freemium and has community-based support. You can also open URLs in different browsers and analyze the content of unique file types.
- Interactive access
- A wide set of environments
- Live process events data
- A large number of analyses
- IOCs in convenient format
- Free version for community
- Free version has core features only and don’t have any advanced features.
- You cannot do deeper analyses in free version.
The three alternatives to Sandboxie are the best for Windows or Linux, and you can have a safe browsing experience with each of them! Hope this was helpful!