Put aside the high-tech and high-performing video editors of today, and let’s rewind to go back in time. Ever since we got our first Windows computer, we all have been familiar with Windows Moviemaker. It has been there in existence for ages, and can be called the cornerstone video editing software for beginners.
Now, with the world being all digital and social media-centric, video content has been in great demand. From everyday entertainment to marketing, and promoting a good cause, businesses and organizations have turned to videos and graphics.
Thus, the world needs to move on to better and more sophisticated video editing software. If you are done with Windows Movie Maker or if it doesn’t help you achieve the desired results with your videos, movies, or slide shows, here are the best alternatives for you!
Let’s look at these Window Movie Maker alternatives:
Sony Vegas Movie Studio
If you have a passion for video editing, this software is for you. Explore the more advanced side of video editing with some amazing features that Sony’s Vegas is loaded with. With features like motion tracking, screen capture, mode-based workflows, masking around objects, etc., this video editor is a winner! It is suitable for professional video editors and is one of the best Window Movie Maker alternatives.
- Customizable interface
- Multicam editing
- Lots of effects and transitions, with plug-in capability
- Good slow motion and warp flow transition tools
- Less intuitive interface than competitors
- Weak multicam and motion-tracking implementations
- No LUT support
- Comparatively slow rendering
In a short time, Wondershare Filmora has bagged many accolades from video editors. The reason is its countless features that help you get the best results. With an easy-to-use interface, an extensive music library, transitions, visual effects, and a lot of other features, this software makes video editing a piece of cake! It also provides easy options to save and export your work.
- Has an intuitive user interface where you can drag and drop elements easily.
- Has loads of built-in animated characters, elements, title templates and transition.
- Capable of recording PC’s screen and webcam as well as voice-over which is great for making training videos.
- Has different export options and YouTube direct uploading option.
- It does not have HTLM export options.
- There is no VIDEO EFFECT in the software.
- Not many tutorial videos as it’s just a new software.
- No one-time payment option.
If you are looking for free software with some great features, go for OpenShot! It is a cross-platform software that comes with features like easy slice and trim, audio waveforms, music library, 3D animations, slow motion, visual effects, and more! For video editors looking to edit videos on a budget, this software will do justice to your project. It is the best free alternative to Windows Movie Maker.
- It is completely free and is simple to use. You don’t have to pay any money to get it.
- It is a capable video editor which lets you easily cut, trim, crop, split and merge video clips easily.
- There are various kind of transitions and video effects which you can use for free, including Chroma key, Color filters, title editor and audio tools.
- The program crashes very often and especially when you’re editing video on a laptop.
- Video rendering speed is not as fast as stated.
- It’s hard to control video effects after added to the clips.
So, this was all about Window Movie Maker alternatives. Hope you find your best match!