Nobody wants to compromise when it comes to computer security and data protection. Avast is the leading and most liked security protection that millions of users extensively use but have you ever thought that there are several reliable alternatives to avast antivirus? You must be wondering that when Avast is so good, then why even are we talking about avast alternatives?
We are talking about it as sometimes it is essential to settle down for an alternative as you might face some issue due to any reason. But whatever may be the reason is, relying on a single source is obviously problematic when you can choose some other alternative that can endow with the enhanced performance and never compromises your data protection and security. Let us delve into some of the avast alternatives.
Avira Antivirus offers data protection to the user’s computers against malicious attacks, spy-ware, dangerous viruses, and worms. It is a reliable brand for data protection and is compatible with functioning on several operating systems.
- Decent free version available.
- Free trial and a 30 day money-back guarantee
- Compatible with the most popular platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and more.
- It has a low system impact.
- Paid package available but it is not much better than a free one.
- Regular pop-ups in free version which is very irritating.
Malwarebytes anti-malware is a trusted anti-malware solution that offers protection against malicious attacks, privacy invasion, and viruses. The plus point of choosing Malware bytes as an avast cleanup alternative is that it is compatible with Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, and other devices.
- Eliminates and Locates new threats perfectly
- Straight-forward and Easy-to-use
- It features the fast and effective scans
- There are no real-time protection in a free version
VirusTotal is a free antivirus that analyzes suspicious URLs and files. It helps in quickly detecting worms, viruses, and all kinds of viruses. And to your surprise, it is compatible with functioning on several operating systems.
- Online service works with any browser
- High accuracy
- Rates and scans in one check upto 68 scanners and 13 raters
- It has an installable versions for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer
- It has a slow reporting for scans
Clam antivirus is an avast cleanup free alternative which is an open-source antivirus toolkit. The antivirus is compatible with functioning on several operating systems that offer data protection and email scanning on email gateways.
- It is very compatible with main operating systems like Windows, Linux, or macOS, etc
- It has a open-source database
- Mail gateway scan is the most important feature of the antivirus
- The utility command-line also allows easy navigation
- The clam antivirus is free, with no conditions
- Narrow functionality which focuses on the mail gateway protection
- User interface is not very intuitive
AVG Antivirus is a free antivirus that provides users with antispyware and antivirus protection. The virus database of AVG Antivirus is updated every day and is compatible with functioning on several operating systems.
- It has an impressive third-party labs tests
- Intuitive and simple interface
- Free version with wide a range of features
- It’s a highly-configurable solution
- It is not available for iOS
- Free version is only available for Windows and Android
Choose any alternatives to upgrade your data security and stop relying on the same antivirus for years. There are ample options that can offer high-end security features with no compromise on data protection and security.
Stay connected for more!!