People use the Wayback machine for many things: understanding the progress of Rival pages, recovering their own lost pages or just seeing the history of a certain web page. It also becomes important when a website has shown something wrong and then deletes it and maintains innocence. In that case, people can bring up the last version of the site and then uncover evidence for their acts.
The Good and the bad aspect of the Wayback Machine is that it is maintained by the Archive.org, which is a non profit organization. The Good part is that it would be accessible by many people free of cost. However, as they do not have a lot of resources, they might not be able to develop this system to their fullest potential and also cannot maintain a lot of data for use. This brings the need for an alternative to wayback machine that many corporate systems can use.
Stillo – Best wayback machine alternative
Stillo is one of the best wayback machine alternative that provides complete support for corporate use. Unlike the wayback machine, this is developed and maintained privately which might not be free, but does not compromise on features. This internet archive wayback machine alternative contains a number of features and capabilities that are not there in the wayback machine. Two of the prominent advantages are:
Everything is accurately captured
Stilo accurately captures all the content of your sites: the text, images, font typography, videos, graphs or any other element including the ads! This might not be the case with the Wayback machine as it mainly stores text and images.
Fully Customizable archive scheduling
You can specify the archive frequency that suits your needs instead of being forced to use a predetermined one. Stillio supports many cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive and zapier too!
Moreover, you don’t have to pay hefty amounts to use this, the pricing range starts from $29!
Thus, Stillo is the one of the best and top internet wayback machine alternative that you can use instead of using the regular wayback machine.
Perma.cc is one of the best web archiving app developed and maintained by the Harvard Law School Library. It helps you to simply create permanent records of the websites.
Features of Perma.cc:
- You can easily delete links within 24 hours after creation.
- It helps you to easily view the archived records through Perma.cc link
- URLs can be simply inserted via blog or paper articles.
- It enables you to create the Parma that visits the website and create a full record of the content in that website.
- If in any case the preservation fails, this app will give you an options to upload PDF file or image.
- Individuals can easily get access to permalinks via tiered subscriptions.
- You can assign the users to any organization by simply submitting the user’s email address into this cloud-based program.
Actiance app helps the organizations to capture and archive an electronic communications. It can supports more than 80 channels.
- Capture all the relevant communications.
- You can easily identify and manage the risk and extract the business value of your data.
- Actiance allows you to produce, deliver content, and package on-demand.
- This cloud-based app will provide you an analytics dashboard for better visualization of data.
- It includes all advanced as well as proximity search across all channels.
- It offers customizable and comprehensive reporting.
Archive.fo is an online tool which helps you to create a copy of the webpage. This copy would remain online, even if the original page is being removed.
- This application saves the text and the graphical copy of the page for better accuracy.
- It gives you a short link to an unalterable record of any web page.
- This tool allows you to track all the changes of the website containing price list, job offer, blog post, real estate listing, and many more.
- Saved pages do not contain any popups or any malware.
Keep in mind that all the right platform depends on your specific need and while some of the aforementioned tools can contain more options than the others, they all pass for a good old-fashion Wayback Machine alternatives in 2021.